Critical Illness plan details
We want you to understand how each critical illness plan works, so you can make a more informed decision about coverage for yourself and your family. There are differences between the coverage each critical illness plan provides. Get a quote
to learn more about the details of what each plan covers.
Term Life-Critical Illness coverage
This plan covers 15 critical illnesses2
and offers multiple payouts in the event of more than one diagnosis. Certain critical illnesses are covered at 100%, others are covered at 25%. When a full or partial critical illness benefit is paid, those benefits, along with the term life benefit, are reduced accordingly. If the policy remains in force with reduced benefits, the monthly premium is also reduced.
- Benefit levels: choose from an amount ranging from $5,000 to $100,000, available in increments of $1,000.
- Term life benefit: choose from 50%, 100% or 200% of your critical illness benefit — payable up to age 80.3
- Policy term (length of your coverage): choose between 10 or 20 years.
- Issue age: plans can be issued to those falling between 18 and 59 years old at the time of purchase (includes primary and spouse).
Cancer and Heart/Stroke coverage
Focused on affordable coverage for specific critical illnesses, this plan lets you select coverage for Cancer only, Heart/Stroke only, or both Cancer and Heart/Stroke. Depending on your selection of covered illnesses, you will get cash benefits for the following life-threatening diagnoses:
- Life-threatening cancer: 100% of selected benefit level.
- Coronary artery disease or cardiac arrhythmia resulting in heart attack: 100% of selected benefit level.
- Coronary artery disease or cardiac arrhythmia resulting in coronary artery bypass: 25% of selected benefit level.
- Coronary artery disease resulting in coronary angioplasty: 10% of selected benefit level.
- Cerebrovascular disease resulting in stroke: 100% of selected benefit level.
Once you choose which illnesses you want to cover, you can select a benefit level ranging from $10,000 to $75,000 in coverage.4
Other important information
- Coverage for Term Life-Critical Illness insurance will be terminated and your premium returned if you are diagnosed with cancer within 90 days (30 days in IL and MD) of your plan effective date or if any other listed condition is first diagnosed within 30 days of your plan effective date.
- These plans are not available in all states, and benefits may vary by state. Get a quote to learn which plans are available in your state.