Talk to a sales expert
Hours of Operation (CT)
Mon - Thurs: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Fri: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Short Term Medical Plan Details
Temporary insurance is an affordable option for individuals and families, but it isn't right for everyone. To decide whether this plan is right for you, it is important that you think about the benefits you value and the medical conditions you want to cover.
Learn more about what's covered
- Doctor visits covered for unexpected illnesses and injuries (excludes preventive care and routine check ups). Discounts of 20-35% on average for using network doctors.2
- Hospital benefits – inpatient and outpatient services are covered. Discounts of 20-35% on average for using network facilities.2
- Emergency room care.
- Ambulance transport – covers service to the nearest hospital able to treat your condition.
- Prescription drug benefits.
- X-ray and lab services.
What's not covered:
Learn more about what's not covered
- Pre-existing conditions and preventive services.
- Routine medical care, such as physicals or yearly exams.
- Maternity care.
- Mental health services.
- Non-injury related dental and vision care.
Save 20% by making a single, up-front payment.
Learn how to save
Plan limitations and exclusions
These plans include limitations and exclusions
(Arizona-specific plan limitations and exclusions
), do not cover preventive services or pre-existing conditions, and coverage is subject to medical underwriting
. If you need coverage for pre-existing conditions, you should consider COBRA or a major medical insurance plan that is minimum essential coverage
Because these plans are not minimum essential coverage, you may need to pay a tax penalty depending upon your income level and the cost of plans available. See if a tax penalty applies to your situation
As you select a plan, please check the specific benefits, limitations and exclusions listed as these may vary by state. To learn more about these plans, get a quote
or talk to an Assurant Health sales expert.
Coverage is not renewable.