Self-Funded Major Medical
When you offer your employees a major medical health plan, you can also choose to "self fund" it, which means you assume direct responsibility for funding your business' health plan. It's a great way to control health care costs and, with the administrative details managed for you, you'll get:
- Immediate monthly savings
- Overall costs that stay lower year to year
- The ability to recoup the funds you don't use
Benefits for you and your employees
With an Assurant Self-Funded Health Plan, you can cover employees across the U.S. with multiple plan designs and provider networks to accommodate different employee needs. You can also offer the following benefits:
- $0 copay option for generic prescription drugs
- Diagnostic x-ray and lab work paid at 100%
- Copays for visits to network doctor offices and urgent care facilities
- No referrals necessary to see a specialist
- Ability to select health care savings programs with tax advantages (HSA or HRA)
Where are Assurant Health Self-Funded plans available?
Assurant Health Self-Funded plans are available to businesses whose primary location is in Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey and Washington. We’re expanding our coverage area so please contact us directly at email@example.com to see if we are available in your area.
How do I find out more?Visit our Self-Funded website
Call to quote 877-396-6156
*Assurant Health and its legal entities are not engaged in rendering tax or legal advice. If tax or legal advice is required, seek the services of a qualified professional.
Assurant Self-Funded Health Plans are a program of services for self-funding employers, developed and marketed by Assurant Health. Stop Loss insurance for self-funded plans is underwritten and issued by Time Insurance Company and John Alden Life Insurance Company.