Major Medical Insurance Overview
Get the coverage you and your family need with a Major Medical plan. These plans are Minimum Essential Coverage under the Affordable Care Act and are available during open enrollment or when you have a life event.1
Individual coverage starting at:
Family coverage starting at:
- Coverage for preventive care, everyday care and unexpected illness and accidents. Learn more
- Metal levels with a wide range of deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-pocket limits
- Access to nationwide networks of doctors and hospitals, including the Aetna Signature Administrators® PPO network (available in many areas). Learn more about our network difference
- Office visit copays and prescription drug copays available
- Health Savings Account (HSA) compatible plans available
- There are no pre-existing condition limitations. These plans are guarantee issue, which means that comprehensive coverage is offered to everyone, regardless of health status.
- Limitations and exclusions apply (Arizona-specific limitations and exclusions)
Open Enrollment and Coverage Start Dates Available
Major medical plans can be purchased throughout open enrollment (November 15, 2014 - February 15, 2015) or when you have a qualifying life event.1 The coverage start dates available during open enrollment are as follows:
|If you purchase between:
||Your coverage can start as|
|Nov. 15, 2014 - Dec. 15, 2014
||Jan. 1, 2015|
|Dec. 16, 2014 – Jan. 15, 2015
||Feb. 1, 2015|
|Jan. 16, 2015 – Feb. 15, 2015
||Mar. 1, 2015|
Learn more about your options during open enrollment
We make it easy to find the plan that fits your needs:
- Apply online through AssurantHealth.com for an easy way to see and compare plans and prices available in your area. Get a quote and apply today
- Talk to an Assurant Health sales expert to learn more about plans available in your area and understand your subsidy eligibility. Learn more by calling 800-647-9094
Plan Limitations and Exclusions
These plans include limitations and exclusions. See the general summary of plan limitations and exclusions for more information. If you live in Arizona, see Arizona-specific plan limitations and exclusions.
As you select a plan, please check the specific benefits, limitations and exclusions listed as these may vary by state. To learn more about these plans, get a quote or talk to an Assurant Health sales expert.
1 For Nevada residents: Major Medical plans can be purchased year round without a qualifying life event. If you apply without a qualifying life event outside open enrollment, your coverage will begin on the first day of the month after 90 days from the date you applied.