Major Medical Insurance for Individuals and Families
Get the strong, broad financial protection and peace of mind you and your family need with an individual major medical plan. All plans provide:
- Immediate benefits paid at 100%, even before you meet your deductible, for many preventive services1
- No annual or lifetime dollar limits on hospitalization, emergency care, outpatient care, prescriptions and doctor visits
- Freedom to choose your own doctors and hospitals, with discounts for using network providers
- Ways to make the most of your coverage, including access to independent advocates2 who help you navigate the health care system and compare costs
Individual coverage starting at:
Family coverage starting at:
Is Major Medical Insurance right for me?
It can be if you are:
- Not covered by your employer
- Retiree not yet eligible for Medicare
- Not employed and unsure when you'll get coverage
Choose from two different plans:
CoreMedSM— flexible options and great value
If you’re looking for flexible coverage that will fit your budget, check out CoreMed, Assurant Health’s most popular major medical insurance plan.
- Customize a plan from CoreMed’s wide array of benefit options
- Control your premiums by adjusting benefit levels
- Protect yourself from the unexpected and provide for your everyday health care needs
Get a Quote
OneDeductible — simplicity and savings
Look to a OneDeductible plan for simplicity, convenience and tax savings.
- Simplify your plan design with one common deductible for all family members and all covered expenses, even prescription drugs
- Realize tax savings with a Health Savings Account (HSA) 3
Get a Quote
Increase the benefits and value of your major medical insurance plan
Expand your coverage with Assurant Health's supplemental insurance.
- Cash benefits help you pay the expenses other plans don't pay
- Dental, Accident and Critical Illness plans 4
- Easy to add - no additional application or underwriting is required
Get tax savings with a Health Savings Account
Maximize your savings by pairing your OneDeductible plan with a tax-favored Health Savings Account.
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an account where you can deposit pre-tax money. You can use the funds to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses or let them accumulate to supplement your retirement income.
- The money deposited and the interest generated are sheltered from taxes
- Withdrawals for qualified medical expenses are sheltered from taxes
- Unused balances are yours to keep and roll over year to year
- At age 65, you may withdraw money for non-medical expenses with no penalty, paying only retirement-level (typically lower) income taxes
1 Immediate coverage paid at 100% for preventive services mandated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; additional preventive services paid subject to deductible and coinsurance. Varies by state.
2 Patient Care is an independent advocacy service and may be discontinued at any time.
3 Assurant Health and its legal entities are not engaged in rendering tax, investment or legal advice. Please see a qualified tax professional for tax advice.
4Plan availability varies by state. Supplemental products are available at an additional cost.