Major Medical Insurance Overview
Get the coverage you and your family need with a Major Medical plan. These plans are Minimum Essential Coverage under the Affordable Care Act and are available during open enrollment or when you have a life event.1
Individual coverage starting at:
Family coverage starting at:
- Coverage for preventive care, everyday care and unexpected illness and accidents. Learn more
- Metal levels with a wide range of deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-pocket limits
- Extensive networks of doctors and hospitals, including the Aetna Signature Administrators® PPO network (available in many areas). Learn more
- Office visit copays and prescription drug copays available
- Health Savings Account (HSA) compatible plans available
- There are no pre-existing condition limitations. These plans are guarantee issue, which means that comprehensive coverage is offered to everyone, regardless of health status.
Open Enrollment and Coverage Start Dates Available
Major medical plans can be purchased throughout open enrollment (November 15, 2014 - February 15, 2015) or when you have a qualifying life event.1 The coverage start dates available during open enrollment are as follows:
|If you purchase between:
||Your coverage can start as|
|Nov. 15, 2014 - Dec. 15, 2014
||Jan. 1, 2015|
|Dec. 16, 2014 – Jan. 15, 2015
||Feb. 1, 2015|
|Jan. 16, 2015 – Feb. 15, 2015
||Mar. 1, 2015|
Learn more about your options during open enrollment
Subsidies available with Assurant Health Major Medical plans
Assurant Health now offers plans on the marketplace in 16 states, allowing consumers to apply for our plans and determine eligibility for financial assistance.
What does this mean to you?
Depending on your income, you may qualify for financial assistance that can be applied to an Assurant Health Major Medical plan in the form of a premium tax credit (also known as premium subsidy) or a cost-sharing reduction.
Learn more about subsidies
We make it easy to find the plan that fits your needs:
- Apply online through AssurantHealth.com for an easy way to see and compare plans and prices available in your area. Get a quote and apply today
- Talk to an Assurant Health sales expert to learn more about plans available in your area and understand your subsidy eligibility. Learn more by calling 800-647-9094
Plan Limitations and Exclusions
These plans include limitations and exclusions. See the general summary of plan limitations and exclusions for more information. If you live in Arizona, see Arizona-specific plan limitations and exclusions.
As you select a plan, please check the specific benefits, limitations and exclusions listed as these may vary by state. To learn more about these plans, get a quote or talk to an Assurant Health sales expert.
1 For Nevada residents: Major Medical plans can be purchased year round without a qualifying life event. If you apply without a qualifying life event, your coverage will begin on the first day of the month after 90 days from the date you applied.