Major Medical Insurance Plans for Individuals and Families
Get the coverage you and your family need with a major medical plan. All plans provide:
- Many preventive services paid at 100% when you use doctors in your network1
- No annual or lifetime dollar limits on hospitalization, emergency care, outpatient care, prescriptions and doctor visits
- Freedom to choose your own doctors and hospitals, with discounts for using network providers
- Ways to make the most of your coverage, including access to independent advocates2 who help you navigate the health care system and compare costs
Individual coverage starting at:
Family coverage starting at:
Is Major Medical Insurance right for me?
It can be if you are:
- Not covered by your employer
- Not offered affordable health insurance by your employer
- Retiree not yet eligible for Medicare
- Not employed and unsure when you'll get coverage
Choose the major medical plan that fits your needs:
We make it easy for you to find the coverage that meets your needs and budget by giving you a variety of options to choose from:
- A range of premium options available
- Various deductible and coinsurance levels
- Plans with copay options for office visits and prescriptions
- Broad networks of doctors and hospitals, including the Aetna Signature Administrators®
- Health Savings Account (HSA) compatible plans available to help you realize tax savings3
Get a Quote
Health care reform impacts
Major Medical plans meet Minimum Essential Coverage requirements and you will not be subject to a tax penalty if you maintain coverage through 2014.
These plans are offered to everyone, regardless of health status, and include essential health benefits and other features that meet the requirements of the health care reform law (Affordable Care Act).
Also, a new premium subsidy, known as a tax credit, will be available to help make Major Medical plans more affordable.
Do I qualify for a subsidy?
Get tax savings with a Health Savings Account3
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an account where you can deposit pre-tax money. You can use the funds to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses or let them accumulate to supplement your retirement income.
- The money deposited and the interest generated are sheltered from taxes
- Withdrawals for qualified medical expenses are sheltered from taxes
- Unused balances are yours to keep and roll over year to year
- At age 65, you may withdraw money for non-medical expenses with no penalty, paying only retirement-level (typically lower) income taxes
Several of our plans are HSA eligible. Look for the HSA icon when you get a quote.
Plan Limitations and Exclusions
1 Preventive services recommended under the Affordable Care Act are paid at 100% when using in-network doctors; additional preventive services paid subject to deductible and coinsurance. Varies by state.
2 Patient Care is an independent advocacy service and may be discontinued at any time.
3 Assurant Health does not provide tax or legal advice. Please see a qualified tax professional for more information.