Hours of Operation (CT)
Mon - Fri: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sun: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Grants are targeted in two giving categories
Basic Needs (food, shelter)
As many as one third of working Americans do not earn enough money to meet their basic needs and many low-income individuals and families in our community struggle to maintain a consistent access to adequate food and housing. These issues are exacerbated during tough economic times. Consideration will be given to agencies that provide food for the hungry, safe shelter for the homeless and programs that provide a more stable, sustainable life for people living at or below the poverty line.
Health and wellness outcomes for at-risk children/youth
As a health insurance company, we support initiatives that can help strengthen the health and quality of life for at-risk children and youth, and in turn, our community as a whole. Access to health and wellness support programs can lead to learning healthy behaviors at an early age for continued benefit through a child’s development and into adulthood. Consideration will be given to agencies and programs focused on health and wellness outcomes for at-risk children and youth, reducing unhealthy behaviors that can lead to health issues, increasing awareness and education of certain health risks, and providing services and support to children and youth facing health challenges within our community.
General giving criteria
Learn more about our current charitable grants
- Alignment with Assurant Health’s giving categories stated above.
- Agencies must have 501(c)3 tax exempt status.
- Giving programs focus on needs within the Greater Milwaukee community.
- Priority is given to local agencies vs. chapters of national non-profits organizations.
- Grants are not provided to individuals or agencies with affiliation to a specific religious, fraternal or political organization, or those that directly benefit an Assurant employee or family member.
- Assurant Health will only accept grant requests directly from charities. Requests for applications for charitable grants will be by invitation only, and awarded based on review by Assurant Health.